Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Student of Life...trying something new

So I like to think of myself as a student of life. Everyday we have the opportunity to learn from the things and poeple around us. I really think we do ourselves and others a disservice if we choose to stop being a student, a learner, and settle on what we already know being good enough. 
That being said, I am learning to blog. I follow a few blogs and what I most like about them is the connection I feel with those people even though they live thousands of miles away, in a different country or even on a different continent. That is what I want to give any of you who find it worthy of your time to read/follow this blog. Given that I live in Puebla, Mexico and most of you don't live here or really anywhere close to here and that I am not the best at keeping anyone besides my parents (if that even happens) updated on my life and what God is doing through El Pozo, I thought a blog might be the way to go. We shall see...
Bare with me as I learn all the ins and outs of putting up pictures, changing backgrounds and all the details that go along with blogging. Any suggestions are welcome...no promises on using them, but they will be considered. 


So what is going on with me these days...

Well we just had out second "En Vivo" of the semester last night.
My roommate, Isa, (right font) and other friends eating dinner  after En Vivo


Numbers are increasing, which is not the most important but always a plus for us. This semester we are going "around the word in 80 days", with a few random weeks thrown in there. The first week was on creation and how God works in our chaos and last night was about the Torah and how God set out a way for us to walk that leads to life and not death. Next week we get into judges and kings, so pray for Nathan as he prepares for that. 



For "Pozomida", our Thursday devotional lunches, we are retelling the parables of Jesus in a way they might be told today. Last week Kami retold the parable of the lost son from Luke 15
Kami giving the talk from on top of the pozo (well)

For those of you who don't know, we are in rainy season here in Puebla which means it rains pretty much every day, usually in the evening. However, last Thursday it rained for about 10 min during lunch. Can you guess which 10 min it rained?? Of course it was during the talk. But God is faithful and we trust him to use our efforts for his glory even though most people seemed distracted by the rain more than interested in the talk. This week I get the privilege of giving the talk. I will be telling a modern translation of the "Good Samaritan". Maybe it will get posted if I have time to translate it into English. Pray for the lunch tomorrow at 2 pm central time. Those of you who know me well, know how much I love talking in front of big crowds (insert lots of sarcasm here), so any extra prayers you can offer will do wonders. 


That's what is going on right now. More to come....love yall


For more pictures, check out El Pozo on Facebook.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the blog world and I am so excited to follow along!

    ReplyDelete