Saturday, October 16, 2010

Fisherman

Reason 14: Took us Fishing

Hey there again. It has been a while since the last post, not because of a shortage of reasons I love my dad, just a shortage of time. Actually I think we all have enough time to do what we need/want, just sometimes we let certain things take priority over others. And today it dawned on me that I hadn't really thought about the posts recently. So here we are once again. Reason 14 I love my dad...he took us fishing and taught us to bait a hook.
I have many many memories of fishing with my dad. He was patient with us, always untangling or getting us unstuck from trees or the bottom of the lake. He taught us how to unhook the fish and hold it so we wouldn't get pricked by the scales. You would be amazed at how many people don't know how to do the basics of fishing. Last year I went fishing with some friends here in Puebla and I was the one baiting the lines for them all.

One memory that sticks out is once when we went fishing when we lived in Texas and somehow I ended up catching a really big catfish. Everyone was really excited and we took some pictures that I am sure still exist somewhere but not here.

I don't think I ever fully got into fishing. I like to do it from time to time and not for hours on end, but I am thankful for all the times my dad took me fishing and taught me the basics.

No comments:

Post a Comment