Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Early Church Puebla Style

I have some awesome teammates who also play the roles of family and friends here in Puebla. The next couple of weeks we will be doing a series on church based on Acts 2 at Tuesday night bible studies and I can tell you all that what we have here on this team is the church. We teach each other, love each other, take care of each other, serve together and each other, break bread together (tonight it was hamburgers and the Auburn game...Go War Eagles) and all the other stuff the early church was doing together. God knew what he was doing when he brought each of us individually here to Puebla and then brought us all together to form one team, one body in Christ.

So if you read the last post, you read about my house being robbed. I can't remember if i wrote details of what was taken, but among a few of the things were my wii, some gum that is only sold in the states and like $150 worth of coins I had been saving...Well  let me just tell you what my teammates have done. Some brought me several packages of my favorite gum that got stolen. Then later after everyone got back I received this gaming system so I would have something to play on the huge tv my parents got me for Christmas, and then just today I was given a jar of coins that some teammates had been saving up to buy something special with a little later down the road. I just counted the coins and it was just the amount of money I estimated got stolen from my room. Words can't express how grateful and blessed I am to be a part of this team and family.

coins stacked and counted
game system (taken by computer camera so I guess that is why it is backwards)

Thank you to all of you who have blessed my life over the years and especially this past month, both here in Puebla and in Georgia. I hope you all know who you are cause I love and appreciate you more than you know.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about your break-in. I stumbled upon your blog and thought that you might be interested in mine, www.AllAboutPuebla.com. It’s an English-language travel guide to the area. I organize an expat group here in Puebla-Cholula, too.
    Best,
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete